Your Quick Guide on How to Care For a Leather Waistcoat / Jacket
Leather jackets deserve the best treatment they can get.
Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing cooler than a worn leather jacket. However, you can preserve that vintage look whilst keeping the leather in good conditions.
With our guide on how to take proper care of this key piece of outerwear, you’ll never run out of ideas and techniques on how to do so.
- Leather jackets are possibly the coolest thing you’ll ever own. Thanks to them, even if you’re not cool, you’ll trick everyone into thinking that you are.
- Not one jacket is the same so, as obvious as it might sound, remember to check the label before you do anything.
- There are plenty of different artisanal ways of keeping a leather jacket clean. However, if you’re not feeling particularly adventurous, a bit of soapy water and a clean cloth will do.
- Machine washing a leather jacket often sounds like leather death. However, if you bought your jacket from a vintage shop, that musty smell is hard to get rid of. Plus, washing it will give your jacket a lived-in look without destroying it.
- When it comes to drying your men’s leather jacket, make sure that you’re not exposing it to extreme sources of heat. Using a blowdryer can be risky but as long as you keep it at a safe distance at medium heat, you shouldn’t cause any damages.
- Remember to hang your jacket on a padded hanger so that it won’t take a funny shape. Also, don’t forget to store it in a cool and dry place and avoid direct sunlight at all costs as it will dry and discolour the leather.
- Leather jacket conditioners are a great way to breathe new life into an overly beaten up jacket. A spray conditioner is your best option when it comes to applying it.
On That Note;
Just in case your jacket can’t be saved, don’t forget to have a look at all the latest arrivals in our shop. The perfect leather waistcoat for you is just one click away: